Water Main Flushing
The Department of Utilities will be flushing the Faubourg Coquille Water System from Monday November 6th through Wednesday November 8th. The flushing is anticipated to follow the schedule below but is subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Customers living in these areas can expect to experience low water pressure and brown water when flushing is initiated. If you are not a Department of Utilities customer or if you do not live in one of the subdivisions/areas identified below, this notice does not apply.
Monday November 6th 9:00 a.m. – until
Tuesday November 7th 9:00 a.m. – until
Terra Bella, Tallow Creek, YMCA
Wednesday November 8th 9:00 a.m. - until
Timber Branch, First Baptist Church, Innwoods, Hwy. 21, Maison Du Lac, Weston Glen, Hwy 1085
The Department of Utilities flushes the water mains periodically to:
- Maintain good quality water. Over time, naturally occurring minerals accumulate on the interior of our pipes. Flushing scours the pipe and removes these deposits.
- Provide required fire flow data to the Fire Department. While flushing, Utilities personnel measure and record the fire flow data at each hydrant. This data is given to the Fire Department who then uses the data to calculate fire insurance ratings for the area.
- Ensure that all fire hydrants are in good working order.
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this maintenance causes.
- Date of Notice: Friday, 03 November 2023
- Water System: Faubourg Coquille
- Type of Notice: Flushing
- Boil Advisory Status: Not applicable to this notice