Briarwood Terrace Water System
Water Main Flushing
The Department of Utilities will be flushing the Briarwood Terrace Water System from Monday, June 12th thru Wednesday, June 28th. The flushing is anticipated to follow the schedule below but is subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Customers living in these and surrounding areas can expect to experience low water pressure and brown water when flushing is initiated. If you are not a Department of Utilities customer or if you do not live in one of the subdivisions / areas identified below, this notice does not apply.
Monday, June 12th 9:00 p.m. – until
Helenbirg Rd., Covington Meadows, Covington Meadows Apartments, Ponchitolawa
Tuesday, June 13th 9:00 p.m. – until
Ozone Park, Colonial Ct., Brookstone, Holy Trinity Blvd, Dove Park Rd to the Westwood Pool house
Wednesday, June 14th 9:00 p.m. - until
Tall Timbers, Avala Hospital
Thursday, June 15th 9:00 p.m. - until
Carriage Lane, Chinchuba East & West, Forest Park, Westwood pool house to Sharp Road
Tuesday, June 20th __ 9:00 a.m. – until
Koop Dr (going N. on Hwy 59), South Lane, North Lane, Alpha Blvd., General Patton, Autumn Wind, Abita Springs Terrace, Lazy Creek, Church of the King, Lexington Place, Maison Trace
Wednesday, June 21st 9:00 a.m. – until
Dove Park Rd, Dove Park Estates, Liberty Storage, Campbell Ave, Fontainebleau High School, Fontainebleau Jr. High, Grand Mason, Twin Oaks, Belle Reive, Surgi Dr
Thursday, June 22nd 9:00 a.m. – until
The Fountains, Briarwood Terrace, Surgi Dr, Casa Bella, Magnolia Trace Elementary School, Marigny Elementary School, Lake Harbor Middle School, Remington Court, Emerald Pines, Grand Terre, Air Field, Highway 1088
Friday, June 23rd 9:00 a.m. – until
Old Mandeville, Tanglewood, Parc Du Lac, Wisteria Manor, Fern Creek Estates
Monday, June 26th 9:00 a.m. – until
Woodlands, Woodlands Terrace, New Cannan Hills, Mandeville Middle School
Tuesday, June 27th 9:00 a.m. – until
Wednesday, June 28th 9:00 a.m. – until
Forest Brook, Forest Brook Estates
The Department of Utilities flushes the water mains periodically to:
- Maintain good quality water. Over time, naturally occurring minerals accumulate on the interior of our pipes. Flushing scours the pipe and removes these deposits.
- Provide required fire flow data to the Fire Department. While flushing, Utilities personnel measure and record the fire flow data at each hydrant. This data is given to the Fire Department who then uses the data to calculate fire insurance ratings for the area.
- Ensure that all fire hydrants are in good working order.
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this maintenance causes.
- Date of Notice: Thursday, 08 June 2023
- Water System: Briarwood Terrace
- Type of Notice: Flushing
- Boil Advisory Status: Not applicable to this notice