St. Tammany Parish Emergency Operations Update – September 14, 2020
St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper continues to urge residents to prepare for Hurricane Sally today, before the storm makes landfall.
Updates: September 14, 2020
- St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper has communicated with officials at the State level in advance of Hurricane Sally’s expected landfall.
- The St. Tammany Emergency Operations Center is partially activated.
- All non-essential Parish Government offices will close at noon on Monday, September 14, 2020 and remain closed, Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Essential employees are to report as assigned.
- The Towers Building in Slidell will close at noon today.
- The St. Tammany Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness has met with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office and Fire Districts who are on stand-by and ready to respond.
- There will be no garbage pickup or recycling in St. Tammany, Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Citizens are asked to not put any garbage on the curb until the storm has passed.
- St. Tammany Parish engineers are closely monitoring river gauges.
- The Department of Inspections and Enforcement has asked contractors with active job sites to ensure their job sites are contained.
- The Department of Public Works distributed a total of 24, 650 sandbags through self-service and assisted distribution on Sunday, September 13, 2020.
- St. Tammany Parish Government has opened six self-service sandbag locations, today, Monday, September 14, 2020. All locations will have sand and bags provided. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels in case all shovels provided are in use. In addition, residents are asked to limit the number of sandbags to 15 per vehicle. There will be someone on-hand to assist the elderly and/or disabled at each location. The locations will be open until 6 p.m. today or until weather no longer permits. We will update if locations close earlier than 6 p.m.
St. Tammany Parish Government- Building 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn 34583 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
The Old Levee District Site 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
-The following facilities are closed and will remain closed Tuesday, September 15, 2020:
The Tammany Trace
The St. Tammany Fishing Pier located at 54001 E Howze Beach Rd, Slidell, LA 70461
Kids Konnection Playground located at 21410 Koop Dr, Mandeville
Northshore Beach located at 267 Debbie Dr, Slidell, LA 70458
Bayou Lacombe Bridge. No Marine traffic.
-STAR TRANSIT will run Monday, September 14, 2020, and will not run Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
-Public Works and Tammany Utilities personnel remain on call, if needed, out of an abundance of caution.
- The 22nd Judicial Courts will follow the schedule of St. Tammany Parish Government unless weather warrants otherwise.
-Citizens can call 985-809-2300 for storm updates, or visit www.stpgov.org/storm for information.
-Continuous updates will be posted at www.stpgov.org, on STPG-TV; Channel 710 Spectrum; Channel 99 AT &T U-Verse, as well as on Social Media.
Residents are asked to clear any debris from culverts and drainage pathways, and to monitor the weather forecasts in the coming days through your local media outlets. Prepare your enhanced plan to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.
Sign up now for ALERT St. Tammany, here. This is the Parish-wide emergency notification system for St. Tammany Parish Government. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you.