St. Tammany Parish Emergency Operations Update – Tuesday, August 25, 2020
St. Tammany Parish Officials continue to monitor Hurricane Laura and the potential impacts on St. Tammany Parish. Hurricane Laura is currently forecast by the National Hurricane Center to reach the northwestern Gulf Coast at or near major hurricane intensity Wednesday night, August 26, 2020. Potential impacts to St. Tammany Parish forecast by the National Weather Service include: possible heavy rain from 1-4 inches; storm surge of up to 2-4 feet. St. Tammany Parish Government announced the following Emergency Operations updates at a news briefing earlier today.
-St. Tammany Parish Government is partially activated at the St. Tammany Emergency Operations Center. They will remain activated throughout the duration of this storm. Members of the Critical Response Team will activate beginning at 7 a.m., Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- Citizens who need to report storm-related issues should call 985-898-2323 or the non-emergency number of the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office: 985-898-2338, or the non-emergency number of their local police departments.
- All Parish Government offices will resume operations, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 8 a.m.
- The following St. Tammany Parish Council meetings scheduled for Wednesday, August 26, 2020 will go on as planned in St. Tammany Parish Council Chambers, 21490 Koop Drive:
- Agenda Review Committee Meeting: Wednesday, AUGUST 26, 2020 AT 6 p.m.
- Council Finance Committee Meeting: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, Following Agenda Review Meeting
- Special Council Meeting: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 7:00p.m. (Zoning and Planning Appeal items)
- Camp Salmen Nature Park, located at 35122 Parish Pkwy, Slidell, LA 70460
- The Tammany Trace
- The St. Tammany Fishing Pier located at 54001 East Howze Beach Rd, Slidell, LA 70461
- Kids Konnection Playground located at 21410 Koop Dr, Mandeville
- Northshore Beach located at 267 Debbie Dr, Slidell, LA 70458
- Bayou Lacombe Bridge. No Marine traffic.
-The St. Tammany Parish Department of Public Works has opened six self-serve sandbag locations Tuesday, August 25, 2020, from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., weather permitting. There will be someone to assist the elderly and the disabled at each location.
- St. Tammany Parish Government- Building - 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn -34583 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
- The Old Levee District Site - 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn - 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn - 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn - 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
- -STAR TRANSIT will resume operations Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- -The St. Tammany Clerk of Court, Judges and District Attorney’s offices are closed through Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- - St. Tammany Parish libraries are closed August 25, 2020.
- -Coastal Environmental is suspending recycling this week. Garbage pickup is expected however, the schedule may change.
- -Public Works and Tammany Utilities personnel remain on call, if needed, out of an abundance of caution.
-Citizens can call 985-809-2300 or 1-800-809-2300 for storm updates, or visit www.stpgov.org/storm for information.
-Continuous updates will be posted at www.stpgov.org, on STPG-TV; Channel 710 Spectrum; Channel 99 AT &T U-Verse, as well as on Social Media.
Residents are asked to clear any debris from culverts and drainage pathways, and to monitor the weather forecasts in the coming days through your local media outlets. Prepare your enhanced plan to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.
Sign up now for ALERT St. Tammany, here. This is the Parish-wide emergency notification system for St. Tammany Parish Government. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you.
- Watch the August 25, 2020 Press Conference here.
- Watch the August 24, 2020 Press Conference here.
- View Emergency Declaration here
- Watch the August 23, 2020 Press Conference here