Clear the Shelters 2019 Successful
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced that Clear the Shelters 2019, was a success.
“Thank you to St. Tammany Parish for coming out to support Animal Services through pet adoption,” Brister Said. “We surpassed our goal. 47 animals were adopted and 10 animals are on hold for when they are ready to be adopted — so 57 animals were placed on this day. Thank you.”
This is the second year the St. Tammany Parish Department of Animal Services participated in Clear the Shelters. Anyone interested in adopting a pet from Animal Services can visit the shelter located at 31078 Highway 36 in the Lacombe area. Adoption hours are 10 a.m. – 4p.m. Monday through Saturday, and closed for lunch from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Visit www.stpgov.org/departments/animal-services to see animals currently available for adoption.
See our adoption video here.
- Three St. Tammany Parish High School Students Advance to 2020 Poetry Out Loud State Competition
- Newly Assembled Work Group will Hold First Meeting in Early February
- Offices Closed Monday January 20, 2020 in Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- The St. Tammany Parish Commission on Cultural Affairs to host the 11th Annual Poetry Out Loud Competition
- St. Tammany Parish Officials Sworn in at Inaugural Ceremonies