St. Tammany Fishing Pier and Northshore Beach Closed to Patrons Due to LDH Warning
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced that the St. Tammany Fishing Pier, located at 54001 E. Howze Beach Road near Slidell, as well as Northshore Beach, located off Carr Drive in the Slidell area, are closed to patrons until further notice because of the Louisiana Department of Health’s (LDH) algae bloom warning.
“The LDH is urging people to avoid contact with the water and the algae itself, but also advising against harvesting or eating fish from the lake during the bloom,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “We feel, out of an abundance of caution, it’s best to close these facilities until LDH advises that water is safe for human contact.”
Parish officials plan to have signage indicating the closures, installed by the close of business today.
- Three St. Tammany Parish High School Students Advance to 2020 Poetry Out Loud State Competition
- Newly Assembled Work Group will Hold First Meeting in Early February
- Offices Closed Monday January 20, 2020 in Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- The St. Tammany Parish Commission on Cultural Affairs to host the 11th Annual Poetry Out Loud Competition
- St. Tammany Parish Officials Sworn in at Inaugural Ceremonies