St. Tammany Fishing Pier and Northshore Beach Closed to Patrons Due to LDH Warning
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced that the St. Tammany Fishing Pier, located at 54001 E. Howze Beach Road near Slidell, as well as Northshore Beach, located off Carr Drive in the Slidell area, are closed to patrons until further notice because of the Louisiana Department of Health’s (LDH) algae bloom warning.
“The LDH is urging people to avoid contact with the water and the algae itself, but also advising against harvesting or eating fish from the lake during the bloom,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “We feel, out of an abundance of caution, it’s best to close these facilities until LDH advises that water is safe for human contact.”
Parish officials plan to have signage indicating the closures, installed by the close of business today.
- St. Tammany Parish Government 2019 Annual Report Online
- Louisiana Department of Health Opens COVID-19 Mobile Testing Sites in St. Tammany Parish
- St. Tammany Parish Government Enters Phase One Reopening
- Residents asked to Report Structure Flooding After Continuous Heavy Rainfall Inundates St. Tammany
- St. Tammany’s Final Live Safe. Work Safe. Shop Safe. Action Plan and Companion Website Announced