Keep St. Tammany Beautiful Hosts First Residential Shred Day
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced Keep St. Tammany Beautiful will host its first Shred Day — offering secure document shredding at no charge. Shred Day is happening on Saturday, May 18, 2019, from 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. at the Centerpoint Park and Ride located in the Lacombe area.
“When we can, we want to offer residents options for safe disposal of any waste, and personal documents — especially financial records — can contain sensitive information. This is an opportunity to safely and securely dispose of these papers at no cost,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “As always, we ask people to be patient as events like these are popular.”
This event is for residents only — no commercial customers please. Residents can bring up to five file boxes measuring 15 inches x 12 inches x 10 inches, of paper documents per vehicle, and will be on-site as their documents are shredded. Acceptable items include: computer paper, computer binders, carbon forms, and entire files. There is no need to remove paper clips, staples, clasps or rubber bands. All shredded paper will be recycled.
- I-12 Widening One Step Closer To Starting
- Holiday Updates From St. Tammany Parish Government
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Crews in Final Week of Debris Pickup
- St. Tammany Parish 2020 Census Workgroup to Meet
- St. Tammany Parish Government Monitoring Weather And Following Protocols For Freezing Temperatures