Local Agencies Benefit from Sexual Harassment and Ethics Training Offered by St. Tammany Parish Government
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, was proud to host live training sessions of mandatory Sexual Harassment and Ethics Training for local agencies throughout the Parish. Seven sessions were offered at four locations, on different days in late October, conducted by Parish employees who are certified trainers. In addition to the St. Tammany Parish President and over 400 additional Parish Government employees, employees from the City of Covington Public Works Department, Parish Planning Commissioners, Parish Board of Adjustment members and St. Tammany Parish Council members attended the training.
“This was a way for us to give all employees who are required to take this training, an opportunity to complete it at a dedicated time and place,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “It also reinforces every employee’s right to work in a secure, safe workplace and lets them know what is expected of them, gives us assurance that our employees are receiving the required training, and lets us document their participation.”
State Law requires public employees to complete one hour per year of Ethics Training, and one hour per year of Sexual Harassment Training. The Ethics Course has an online option, but the Sexual Harassment Training does not. The live training session, created by Adrienne Stroble, Director of Human Resources of St. Tammany Parish Government, satisfied the Sexual Harassment Training requirement.
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President to Host 4th Annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Luncheon
- Roadway Improvements Necessitate Extended Closure For Johnny F. Smith Avenue in Slidell Area
- St. Tammany Retains Best Place to Escape in Louisiana According to National Travel Blog for the Second Year in a Row
- St. Tammany Parish Government Officials will Officially Allocate BUILD Grant Match at January Council Meeting
- Holiday Closures from St. Tammany Parish Government