2018 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day Scheduled
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced that the 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day will be held Saturday, June 23, 2018 on Koop Drive in Mandeville from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. To read the flyer containing specifics, visit www.keepsttammanybeautiful.org/events. Residents are asked to please adhere to the guidelines, and to bring their patience, as this event is popular and wait times are anticipated. The Kids Konnection Playground and the Children’s Museum of St. Tammany will open at 12 p.m. on the day of the event, because these facilities will be inaccessible until this time. The Tammany Trace will remain open.
Residents are reminded that this collection event is for residential household hazardous waste. No vehicles larger than pick-up trucks and no pull-behind trailers larger than 8-feet are allowed. No commercial vehicles carrying commercial waste are allowed. Also, white goods are not accepted.
St. Tammany Parish is committed to sustainability through initiatives like Keep St. Tammany Beautiful, launched in 2015, the implementation of green energy throughout our Parish-owned facilities, daily litter abatement crews, our Green Guide, elevated water quality standards, and Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days. To learn more or to volunteer with Keep St. Tammany Beautiful, visit, www.keepsttammanybeautiful.org.
- Three St. Tammany Parish High School Students Advance to 2020 Poetry Out Loud State Competition
- Newly Assembled Work Group will Hold First Meeting in Early February
- Offices Closed Monday January 20, 2020 in Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- The St. Tammany Parish Commission on Cultural Affairs to host the 11th Annual Poetry Out Loud Competition
- St. Tammany Parish Officials Sworn in at Inaugural Ceremonies