Tchefuncte Parc Bridge Replacement Will Enhance Safety and Drainage upon Completion
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today that the Tchefuncte Parc Bridge replacement in the Tchefuncte Parc neighborhood near Madisonville is underway and making progress. This project — a total bridge redesign and replacement — started in the fall of 2017, and includes the replacement of the existing bridge which was determined deficient, the widening of the roadway, and an increase in drainage capacity. Crews also relocated water lines. This project, when complete, will enhance the safety of the roadway, restore the integrity of the bridge, and add capacity for storm water to travel.
“Water is a fundamental challenge in our region and our infrastructure to manage that water is critical,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “This newly designed bridge is built using precast boxes. This means minimal maintenance issues and a longer lifespan for the bridge itself.”
In the next several days, crews from Kort’s Construction will install the remainder of the precast boxes. During this time, there will be limited access to the bridge, however, the contractor will make every attempt to keep one lane open for traffic to pass. Residents are urged to continue to plan for small delays as the project continues. The budgeted investment for this project is $510,000 and it is expected to wrap up in mid to late spring.
To learn more about where your tax dollars are invested, visit www.stpgov.org/initiatives. Stay up-to-date on what’s happening in Parish Government when you sign up for email updates at www.stpgov.org. Follow us on social media on Facebook and Twitter.
- Public Notice Regarding Millages
- St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister Calls for Bi-Partisan Support to Widen Critical Stretch of I-12; Offers to Testify Before Senate Committee to Seek Federal Dollars
- Comment Period Open on Proposed Changes to Tchefuncte River Drawbridge Operating Schedule
- The 2019 Streamlining Budget Workgroup Presents Recommendations to Parish President Pat Brister
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President Pushes LADOTD to Widen I-12 Now