Slidell Area Road and Drainage Project That Benefits Several Residential Areas now Underway
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today that the road and drainage project in the Lake Village subdivision is now underway. Crews have started the first phase of this combined project which involves the installation of a subsurface drainage culvert from Lake Erie Drive and North Pearl Drive, to the existing drainage canal in the Lake Village subdivision, to tie in the Lake Village area to the new culvert, creating another dedicated drainage avenue for the subdivision. The dedicated drainage for North Pearl Avenue will remain in place.
“We ask all residents to be aware of this ongoing work, which, when complete will offer drainage improvements, improved motor vehicle travel, and a path for exercise and increased walkability,” said Pat Brister St. Tammany Parish President. “We are looking forward to watching as it progresses and we thank the residents in the area for their cooperation while we make these improvements.”
Following completion of the drainage work, a new ADA compliant sidewalk will be installed along North Pearl Drive between Lake Erie and the drainage canal. In addition, North Pearl Street will be milled and overlaid from Lake Erie to Gause Boulevard. These sidewalk and roadway enhancements are designed to make pedestrian and vehicular travel smoother. The entire project will benefit the Lake Village, Pearl Acres and Hidden Oaks subdivisions.
To learn more about where your tax dollars are invested, visit www.stpgov.org/initiatives. Stay up-to-date on what’s happening in Parish Government when you sign up for email updates at www.stpgov.org. Follow us on social media on Facebook and Twitter.
- Make a House Your Home Event Will Explore Homeownership Opportunities in St. Tammany
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed in Observance of Memorial Day
- 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day Scheduled
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President announces streamlining workgroup to assist with 2019 budgeting process; group to review spending and expenses
- St. Tammany Parish Awarded Funding to Support Resiliency Project at Safe Haven Campus