WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS
St. Tammany Parish Government, under the leadership of Parish President Pat Brister, works hard every day to improve this Parish's infrastructure. Making roads smoother, clearing drainage, improving our streets while making them safer, is what we're good at doing! The Parish continues to make improving our roads and drainage a top priority, year in and year out. The map below is a graphical depiction of what's happening now, and as projects get completed and as infrastructure is improved, the map will be updated with all the great accomplishments our team members achieve.
TYPES OF CONSTRUCTION
- Mill and Overlay- a street maintenance technique where the top layer (2 inches) of a street is removed by the grinding of a large milling machine. After the top layer is removed, a new layer of asphalt is put in its place.
- Patch and Overlay- a street maintenance technique that requires smaller specific areas of a road be patched with asphalt, where there is degradation, but not a base failure (base failure = pothole). The road then receives a new top layer of asphalt.
- Beautification- a project that improves the visual aesthetics of a right-a-way, roundabout or intersection, through plantings signage, wayfinding, lighting, etc.
- Drainage- work designed to alleviate areas of excess water during or after a rain event. This work could entail a variety of work such as cleaning out ditches of plant life, digging out sediment from ditches, larger culverts, placement of catch basins, etc
Progress Signs will be popping up all over the Parish...watch for one near you!
SIGNS in St. Tammany Parish
- St. Tammany Parish Gateway Overlay Project
- Lower W-15 Area/Lower French Branch Basin Drainage Improvement Project
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development - Projects in My Area
- Making a right turn in a roundabout
- Making a left turn in a roundabout
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Devlopment - Roundabouts
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development - Projects to be Let in the Next six Months
Road Progress Part 1
Road Progress Video 2
Roads Improvements2 from Access St. Tammany on Vimeo.