HOMELAND SECURITY & EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
CLINT ORY - DIRECTOR
To develop, manage, coordinate and maintain a comprehensive and effective response to any natural or technological emergency that may occur and which poses a threat to lives and property in St Tammany Parish.Responsible for advising the Parish President, Administration Officers, Parish Council, and Municipalities regarding emergency preparedness activities and operations.
Our authority is defined by the LA Disaster Act of 1993, Chapter 6 The Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act, Act 1993, No.800, §1, eff. June 22, 1993; Acts 2003. No 40, §2, eff. May 223, 2003; Acts 2006, No, 615, §1, eff. June 23, 2006 Acts 2009, No. 24, §2, eff. June 12, 2009; Acts 2014, No.811, §15, eff. June 23, 2014.
The St. Tammany Parish’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness is committed to building and sustaining a safer, resilient, and less vulnerable community through effective partnerships with all citizens and organizations in the public and private sectors to include faith-based groups, volunteer agencies, and governmental entities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels.
With extensive cooperation among participating parties, St. Tammany Parish’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency preparedness is readily equipped with the necessary tools and resources to save lives, protect property and reduce the effects of disasters through preparedness, prevention, planning, response, and recovery activities.
- Develop and implement an All Hazards Emergency Operation Plan and ensuring the Plan addresses every Hazards identified in the Parish Risk Analysis.
- Provide public awareness programs throughout the parish.
- Provide emergency situational awareness information and warnings to the public.
- Activate the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during emergencies.
- Participate in disaster drills and exercises involving local, state and federal agencies.