We develop, manage, coordinate and maintain a comprehensive and effective response to any natural or technological emergency that may occur and which poses a threat to lives and property in St Tammany Parish.
Our department is responsible for advising the Parish President, Administration Officers, Parish Council and Municipalities regarding emergency preparedness activities and operations.
Our authority is defined by the LA Disaster Act of 1993, Chapter 6 The Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act, Act 1993, No.800, §1, eff. June 22, 1993; Acts 2003. No 40, §2, eff. May 223, 2003; Acts 2006, No, 615, §1, eff. June 23, 2006 Acts 2009, No. 24, §2, eff. June 12, 2009; Acts 2014, No.811, §15, eff. June 23, 2014.
St. Tammany recognized as StormReady® Community
- St. Tammany Parish Government- Building -21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn- 34783 Grantham College Rd. Slidell, LA
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn- 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn- 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn- 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
- The Old Levee District Site – 61134 Military Road (Hwy 1090) Slidell, La.
- Develop and implement an All Hazards Emergency Operation Plan.
- Provide public awareness programs throughout the parish.
- Provide emergency information and warning to the public.
- Activate the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during emergencies.
- Participate in drills and exercises involving local, state and federal emergencies.