The St. Tammany Parish Department of Environmental Services is responsible for providing the control, monitoring and inspection of sewerage and water systems and environmental services including the litter abatement program.
TROPICAL STORM CRISTOBAL UPDATE FROM COASTAL WASTE
All Coastal Waste customers in St. Tammany Parish will have a one day delay in services this week due to Tropical Storm Cristobal.
Visit https://www.ces-la.com/ with questions.
Sewerage Inspection Permit Program
New applications along with a check or money order payable to St. Tammany Parish Government in the amount of $50.00 may be mailed to us at:
The Department of Environmental Services
P.O. Box 628
Covington, Louisiana 70434
Or, the application and payment can be placed in one of our Tammany Utilities drop boxes located at:
350 North Military Road, Slidell; and,
21454 Koop Dr., Mandeville (next to the pavilion)
The Department of Environmental Services is responsible for the following:
- The enforcement of Parish regulations that require the establishment of a central water system for all new subdivisions that have fifteen or more lots which are less than five acres each.
- The implementation and enforcement of a more stringent review process for the provision of sewage treatment and water for commercial development and land use (zoning) changes.
- The issuance of permits and the conduction inspections of on-site wastewater treatment systems.
- Steps to Disinfect Wells
- Sewage Inspection Permit Application
- Home Sewerage Operation & Maintenance Guide
- Utility Company Information
- Licensed Septage Haulers List
- Solid Waste Haulers
- Subdivision List w/ Utility Companies
- Licensed Installers List by Brand
- LDEQ New Vision Video - for information regarding water quality in Louisiana and elsewhere
LDEQ Tips to Maintain Home Sewage Systems video