Tim Brown - Director
The St. Tammany Parish Department of Environmental Services is responsible for providing the control, monitoring and inspection of sewerage and water systems and environmental services including the litter abatement program.
Sewerage Inspection Permit Program (SIP) - We have integrated with MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) to make online payments available for the SIP permit application, beginning June 1, 2023. All SIP applications must now be made online.
To apply and pay online, please visit MGO Connect.
Applications paid for with cash, check or money order will now only be accepted in person at our office at 21454 Koop Dr., Mandeville, Building B, Suite 1A. Please make all checks and money orders payable to St. Tammany Parish Government in the amount of $100.00.
The Department of Environmental Services is responsible for the following:
- The enforcement of Parish regulations that require the establishment of a central water system for all new subdivisions that have fifteen or more lots which are less than five acres each.
- The implementation and enforcement of a more stringent review process for the provision of sewage treatment and water for commercial development and land use (zoning) changes.
- The issuance of permits and the conduction of inspections of on-site wastewater treatment systems.
- Steps to Disinfect Wells
- Home Sewerage Operation & Maintenance Guide
- Utility Company Information
- Licensed Septage Haulers List
- Solid Waste Haulers
- Subdivision List w/ Utility Companies
- Licensed Onsite Wastewater System Installers and Maintenance Providers
- LDEQ New Vision Video - for information regarding water quality in Louisiana and elsewhere
LDEQ Tips to Maintain Home Sewage Systems video