Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Housing program partners with nonprofit organizations to provide housing services to the residents of St. Tammany Parish. For information on St. Tammany Parish housing programs, please click on links below. Another resource is the Community Resource List listed on the right.
The Mission of the CDBG and Housing program is to improve the lives of St. Tammany Parish residents through comprehensive housing efforts which address homeownership, homelessness, rehabilitation, and weatherization – one person, one family, one neighborhood at a time.
The Vision of the CDBG and Housing program is that everyone in St. Tammany Parish has an affordable, decent and safe place to live.
We operate with the Core Values of stewardship, fiscal responsibility and inclusiveness.
|Housing and Homeless Assistance Program – Assist homeless families and individuals to become stably housed. Clients must be within CDBG income limits to qualify. Program has eligibility requirements and is subject to funding availability.||Slidell: 985-646-2090
Emergency Solutions Grant – Provides rental assistance to stabilize and rapidly re-house families or individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Program has eligibility requirements and is subject to funding availability.
Download the Emergency Solutions Grant Program Client Intake Form here.
Supportive Housing Program – Provides housing and supportive services for families to become self-sufficient through education and financial assistance. Program has eligibility requirements and is subject to funding availability.
Download the Supportive Housing Intake/ Assessment Form here.
|Family Promise – Faith-based community committed to helping homeless families with children in need.||985-630-0223|
|Northlake Homeless Coalition – Directory of services for shelter, housing and resources that may be of assistance to persons experiencing homelessness.||985-415-2388|
|Home Ownership Resources|
|Habitat for Humanity St Tammany West – Homeownership Center helps local residents achieve and sustain homeownership, offering credit repair, pre purchase counseling, financial fitness classes and money management classes.||985-893-3179|
|Habitat for Humanity East St. Tammany - Helps income eligible families purchase a home with a no interest mortgage.||985-649-0067|
|Northshore Housing Initiative Community Land Trust - The community land trust in St. Tammany Parish. NHI helps moderate income buyers purchase a home by investing in the land.||985-246-7050|
|New Day Homeownership Center – Homeowner counseling and home repair grants to members of the community. Offering credit repair, pre-purchase counseling, financial fitness classes and money management classes.||985-288-5826|
|United States Dept. of Agriculture – The USDA offers two types of home loans for rural areas. The 502 Loan is for low-wealth families and the Guaranteed Loan is for families within the medium income range.||985-748-8751|
|Volunteers of America – Maintenance - Residential Rehabilitation Program. Home repairs, handicap accessibility and energy efficiency improvements. Income limits apply.||985-674-0488|
|Northshore Disaster Recovery – Residential Rehabilitation Program. Home repairs and handicap accessibility and energy efficiency improvements. Income limits apply.||985-781-7990|
|Louisiana Housing Corp. – Owner-occupied rehabilitation and/or reconstruction of homes damaged by Hurricane Katrina and/or Rita.||Contact: Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response, Inc.
|Weatherization Assistance Program – Weatherization assistance to improve the energy efficiency of homes of low-income families. Income qualifications are set annually by federal government. Priority is given to households with members who are:
|World Changers - A program that provides Southern Baptist youth an opportunity to help repair the homes of low-wealth families.||1-800-254-2022|
|The Covington Housing Authority||985-898-0345|
|Slidell Housing Authority – Housing Choice Voucher (formerly Section 8)||985-690-7370|
|cdbg plans and notices|
- 2013 - 2017 CDBG Consolidated Plan Narrative
- 2013 - 2017 CDBG Consolidated Plan Appendices (Pt 1)
- 2013 - 2017 CDBG Consolidated Plan Appendices (Pt 2)
ANNUAL ACTION PLANS & CAPERS
- 2017 - 2018 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2016 - 2017 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2015 - 2016 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2015 - 2016 CAPER
- 2014 - 2015 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2014 - 2015 CAPER
- 2013 - 2014 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2013 - 2014 CAPER
- CDBG Substantial Amendment # 1 for Program Year 9
- CDBG Substantial Amendment #1 for Program Year 8
- CDBG Substantial Amendment #2 for Program Year 5
- Notice of Intent to Request Funds - Safe Haven NAMI Day Center
- Availability Of Low Income Energy Assistance Program (Liheap)
- Ozone Wood Sewer Repair Grant (pdf)
- Ozone Woods Sewer Repair Grant Income Matrix (pdf)
- STP CDBG Citzen Participation Plan 2017 DRAFT for Public Comment
- 2017 Annual Action Plan for Public Comment and Hearing
- CAPER Public Notice of Hearing
- CAPER Public Notice of Comment Period
- Request for Public Comments, 2016-2017 Community Development Block Grant Program Annual Action Plan
- Statement of Intent March 2015
- CAPER Public Notice of Hearing
- 2014 Public Health Millage Guidelines
- 2014 Public Health Millage Application
- Emergency Solutions Grant Program Client Intake Form
- Supportive Housing Intake/Assessment Form